butterfly
Thanked 0 time

WEIGHT MAINTENANCE

hey

It dosnt sound like you are an unhealthy weight to me. If you eat well etc and this is the weight you are now, i would say it is your natural weight.

I am about 174 cm and about 58 kgs and I dont look too skinny (im like you i can eat what ever i like)

So i would guess you are in great shape (so long as you are eating some fresh fruit and veg each day etc)

Do you do anything for your depression? i know a friend of mine is on medication for depression and he has gained a heap of weight?

I say think your self lucky as most girls would love to be in your situation!  (unless off course you really feel that your natural weight should be more, then maybe talk to your doctor about it?)

also have you seen a naturopath before? you may have a food allergy, or may have some vitamin dificiency. Pm me if you want the contact details of an amazing naturopath i visit (he is based in bondi though)

Posted 12 years ago
pinkness21
Thanked 0 time

Re: WEIGHT MAINTENANCE

Posted 12 years ago
AstraDivaJ
Thanked 0 time

I definately struggle with weight. A combination of medication, poor habits, and stress munching really piled the pounds on and I'm now working hard to get back to something closer to what I formerly was.

I use Weight Watchers. I find it effective in "budgeting" my food for the day, and flex points ensure that I never feel as if I'm depriving myself and can still have fun now and then.

Posted 12 years ago
froofroo
Thanked 0 time

I do not struggle with weight.  I did for years, but it was to gain weight, not lose it.  I was always a skinny girl.  Now I seem to be right on and not gaining or losing.

Posted 12 years ago
RACHELFAITHNOMORE
Thanked 0 time

I was always a big girl, I came from a big family. I was always told "she is so beautiful...if only she wasn't so fat" I am around 5'10, and I weigh 175, I don't really find myself "fat" I put on weight when I became an adult, through my teenage years I went down to 140, but I felt deathly frail and ill. I excercize every day, and I eat well, but I can't seem to lose...how do I go about losing muscle mass?? This seems to be my biggest problem, I try not to work my arms too much, but they just seem to grow muscle every time I lift a feather.  How do I calculate bmi? (i think that's what it's called). Thanks!

Posted 12 years ago
froofroo
Thanked 0 time

I am so jealous!  I couldn't build muscle mass unless I worked out constantly......I don't know how to lose it.....just not have it...HAHA!

Posted 12 years ago
RACHELFAITHNOMORE
Thanked 0 time

Posted 12 years ago
ScrewDestiny
Thanked 0 time

Well, after losing about 10 pounds recently (it took me about four months to get that off), I'm now 5'9" and 130, and I find as long as I still eat pretty reasonably, it's been easy to maintain that.

Posted 12 years ago
butterfly
Thanked 0 time

I guess you allready know all this, but do you eat enough carbs (i know everyone seems to think carbs are evil these days, but i dont! lol)
and do you do cardio, like jogging etc?

Posted 12 years ago
RACHELFAITHNOMORE
Thanked 0 time

Well, it seems like the curse has been broken (lol) and I'm now starting to lose ( typical summer thing i think). I "stirred up" my routine a bit, not knowing that if you do the same excersise for years, your body gets used to it and it doesn't make you lose weight anymore  :? well now I'm jogging the same route I used to walk every day, and swimming more. And I lost a dress size! I know more will come off yet...(hoping) and I feel much better. I have no clue about how much i lost, but must be at least 10 lbs. In the past month. (and I never watched what I ate, but I never really ate that bad to begin with). Huh...confuses me...(lol)

Posted 12 years ago
Ali_281083
Thanked 0 time

I think everyone has had issues with their weight at one point in their lives. Whether it be loosing weight, gaining it or maintaining it. In my early teens I suffered an eating disorder and I was a very unhealthy 37kgs (I'm 5ft 4). Then a few years later I was in a bad realtionship and my weight balooned to about 65kgs. In the years after that my weight went up and down constantly and every change affected me emotionally. I controlled what I ate, I felt guilty if I ate anything "bad" and I was unhappy. Now though, I've given up. I no longer care about my weight. I eat what I want (in moderation) and I'm fianlly happy with my body image. I'm about 52 kgs now (I dont know exactly coz I dont weigh myself anymore. I think scales are evil  :evil: ) and I think (dont mean to sound up myself) I look good. I'm not overweight and I'm not underweight. I'm healthy.
I think we should all try and worry less about our weight and try to focus on the people we are. I know it's hard. But I believe real happiness with body image is accepting who you are, what you look like and being proud of it.  big_smile

Posted 12 years ago
Gypsy4191
Thanked 0 time

I WISH i was too skinny, ive always been slightly large *shrugs* i guess i have big bones.  I had a baby 15 months ago and have just not been able to shift the baby weight.  In fact i'm actually classified as obese i'm so large.  I go to the gym 6 times a week, and do a mixture of cardio and spot exercsing (ie, targeting stomach, and abs)  I'm slightly ashamed to admit i'm 5 foot 6 inchs and i weigh between 100 - 110 kilos (it fluctates) i eat very healthy as i still breastfeed, but i cannot, repeat cannot loose the weight.
:oops:  :cry:
I"m getting married at the end of 2008 and am the maid of honour in a friends wedding next year and i was hoping to be smaller than the size 18 - 20 that i am know, but it's starting to look like it won't happen... sad
Anyway thank you all for listening to my er.. for want of a better word.. whingeing!!!
If anyone has any tips please let me know!

Posted 11 years ago
froofroo
Thanked 0 time

I actually found that lately for the first time in my life I have to go the gym...I am 35 and suddenly things are starting to get a litle wee bit flabby...not liking this....!

Posted 11 years ago
aloquaciousangel
Thanked 0 time

I've put on so much weight lately. In the last 2 months, I have put on nearly 6kg... I've been sitting at home everyday studying for my final exams and getting all those assignments done!

The good thing is tho, my family has gone overseas for a couple of months, so I can cook healthy things to eat!

Anyone got any tips for me?

Thanks! Aloquaciousangel

Posted 11 years ago
sugarbear
Thanked 0 time

I posted the link a 2nd time 'cause it wasn't all highlighted pink the 1st time. I hope it helps!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:  :hello_kitty:

Posted 10 years ago
sarahbarahboo
Thanked 0 time

hey i'm 5'9" and weigh 150 pounds am i overweight?

Posted 10 years ago
blonde911
Thanked 0 time

Oh yeah, and shes only 5'7" !

Posted 10 years ago
killacantdance
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
Nownoneewrast
Thanked 0 time