Lindsayanng
Thanked 0 time

Sorry but I just had to post this...im SO upset

what an asshole!! She got her stupid feelings hurt because you didnt particularly like her style. Just because you have someone of the same value or from the same brand doesnt mean that you HAVE to trade.

i would have told her to get some style because what she had was FUGLY.. well.. maybe.. but really, what a brat!

Posted 8 years ago
laurenstarwalt
Thanked 0 time

Re: Sorry but I just had to post this...im SO upset

Yeah, and thats what i said...im a very nice, polite way. And yeah, she had a coach bag alright, a plain black nylon one! and i was looking at her pics, shes a grown adult...and she has a pic that says "this is a NO DRAMA ZONE!" HAHAHAHA YEAH RIGHT.

Posted 8 years ago
Sapphi
Thanked 0 time

She must have no life, to be so giddy about her "heroics" in reporting you.
And btw, I would have also offered to sell out of politeness to the other person.  Like, "I don't see anything I want, but because I know you like this, you can always buy it."  It's a nice thing to do, IMO, and it's not forceful or rude...

Posted 8 years ago
Hellokitty1121
Thanked 0 time

I know what you mean, I am on that site and people can be soo rude. Not everyone is though. You just have to block those people and just know there are some really awesome people on there.

Posted 8 years ago
HollyDawn85
Thanked 0 time

Oh my gosh, I don't understand how people can be so mean!
I mean, I feel bad even declining an offer, even if the other person has nothing that will FIT ME!

My sister had this happen to her on craigslist,
she was trying to find a home for a purebred dachshund and when she asked for a $10 re homing fee,
the woman flipped out and accused her of being an animal abuser and saying she felt sorry for any animals my sister was caring for. (?)
Sometimes I think people like that must have undiagnosed mental problems.

Posted 8 years ago
PhoenixVitalis
Thanked 0 time

I totally agree, sister! tongue
By the way, I actually got TEN rude emails about that rehoming fee, not just one.

Posted 8 years ago
Nona
Thanked 0 time

well, it does plainly state on MUA that you cannot sell. I get pissy as well when people don't bother to read the rules. You can get kicked off MUA for that. It says it on top of every page where you can list your items...

SWAP ITEM RULES:
No listing prescription items
No selling in any capacity, no listing prices (for retail, reference, etc.). Trade only.
No links to Ebay auctions
No links to affiliate programs
No listing member personal information
No listing burned CDs/DVDs
No listing "OA/other arrangements", "custom purchases" or any other reference to selling
Violators may be removed/suspended without notice

Posted 8 years ago
LiLiGirl
Thanked 0 time

HollyDawn85 and PhoenixVitalis,

I actually JUST had an experience just like this. Since this summer I’ve been trying to rehome my bird so I put it up on swapstyle to see if anybody wanted her. I made sure to say that I wanted to rehome it for free (because I thought it’d be cruel to swap a bird) and that I wanted to give it to somebody close by, who can come and pick her up themselves. I explained that I only listed her because I wanted to keep her safe from my new puppy who has been trying to eat her since I brought the puppy home. I also explained that I have tried other alternatives such as moving her to another room and none of it seems to work.
But, anyway, the bird had been up on my swap list for months, and I’ve had some people that have emailed me asking about the bird, but nobody that could take her home, then a few weeks ago a newbie on swapstyle sent me a message. She wasn’t interested in the bird at all, but she sent a very rude email that was very out of line. She told me how sick I was and that I was a bad owner and that I should train my dog. I was offended, but I didn’t want to get into anything with such a rude person so I sent her a very curt email asking her to stay out of it. Instead of just leaving it at that she sent me another long rant about what a horrible person I was, it was an email that was even ruder than before. Again I sent her another short, curt email asking her to leave me alone. After that she came on the forums and made a post on it and that just made me mad so I finally sent her a long email basically explaining that I was very offended and also explaining how I came to that decision to rehome my bird in the first place. She said that I only felt offended because I knew I was guilty and that I’m a horrible owner and in a very condescending way (Not that the rest of her emails haven’t been condescending and self-righteous) posted a million links on how I could better take care of my pet. It was very upsetting, but I eventually just ignored her because I figured there’s no way I can argue and reason with such a rude and ignorant person.
So, I know all about what it’s like to deal with rude people over the internet, especially when you feel like you’ve just been minding your own business.

And laurenstarwalt,
Maybe it’s true that you just didn’t read the rules carefully, (I don’t know because I’ve never been on MUA myself), but she should not have been so rude to you. If she really cared that much about pointing out the rules to people who don’t really know them, she could have just told you nicely, there’s no need to get nasty. I’m sorry you had to go through this, I really know how upsetting it is, so don’t worry you’re not alone!

Posted 8 years ago
laurenstarwalt
Thanked 0 time

Posted 8 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?