Vee3
Thanked 0 time

When one assigns worth to an item, do they include shipping

Is the total worth of an item shipping included? I'm new so I'm not sure if swappers here just put the real worth of an item or real worth + estimated shipping. Thanks!

Posted 8 years ago
shoppingchick
Thanked 1 time

Re: When one assigns worth to an item, do they include shipping

No ,just the items worth,you pay for shipping/sendng your item and the other swapper pays to send to you,hope that helps you :nod:  :infinity:and welcome to swapstyle  wink enjoy tongue

Posted 8 years ago
AmericanSweeti
Thanked 1 time

Hey, welcome to swapstyle!

I would be careful with this. There is a lot of variation. Some people put the worth as the original retail value, what they want to sell it for, how much they think it's worth(but will take less), the price they want for it including shipping, or the price they want for it not including shipping(if selling, if only swapping it is generally understood that the person pays for shipping on the item they send).
There isn't really a cut-and-dry thing here, so I would advise to take each person individually and determine what their 'assigned worth' of items represent. Don't assume anything, it can lead to bad misunderstandings smile

Sometimes, (I admit, I'm guilty of this myself) a person with use more than one method of worth on different items. Like some I have the worth as the total amount I want to sell an item for, including shipping (but I usually note that shipping is included in the description). And some I have as just the amount I want to sell the item for not including shippping and/or the swap value that I am looking for in return.  ...if that makes sense..

If you're not sure, ask!!

Happy swapping!! :flower3:

Posted 8 years ago
amedina625
Thanked 0 time

Hi there,
I personally just put what I feel the item itself is worth.  Unless your item is super heavy, say magazines or big bottles of shampoo, I would just put what the item is worth.

Posted 8 years ago
Kara
Thanked 0 time

Hi,  I can understand how you would want to do this, but.......sometimes a person only has so much money and....when they get the quote from the seller, they are excited and accept but then.....the seller adds the postage and ......wham!!!  Ooooohhhhh!!!  You did not think of that!!!  You thought that the total was for everything.  So......if you only offer the cost(s) of the item(s), a reminder that postage would be extra and possibly an estimate would be nice.  Just a thought!  smile

Posted 8 years ago
Kara
Thanked 0 time

I think I misread this one.  I also only give the value and add the shipping when receiving an offer to purchase.  Sorry.

Posted 8 years ago
shoppingchick
Thanked 1 time

I usually only swap so,that is why i said what i did,postage is getting too expensive to purchase off here ,especially if it is international . :nod:  :band:  :dance:

Posted 8 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?