TriumphGirl
Thanked 0 time

"Default" pictures???

Is anyone else leary about swapping with someone who only has default pictures (pictures borrowed off websites) of their stuff??
I've noticed that this past week and seriously...
if you actually *have* the stuff TAKE the picture :?

Just wondering smile

Posted 8 years ago
christinemic9
Thanked 0 time

Re: "Default" pictures???

I agree, I have never trusted anyone who has default pictures since having a negative experience on eBay about 5 years ago when I wasn't aware that they used stock photos.

I would think that if someone can afford certain pricey items, they can afford to buy a digital camera and take pictures of the items that they DO own. How are swappers/customers supposed to know the condition of the item if there's no pic of it? That is very suspicious to me if someone can't take pics of their own items...

Posted 8 years ago
TDSollog
Thanked 0 time

Pictures that are too "perfect" make me curious, too. Sometimes, I've used them as a second picture in my swaps if I've had trouble with getting the right shot.

Posted 8 years ago
christinemic9
Thanked 0 time

Posted 8 years ago
Nona
Thanked 0 time

I disagree with the bed quilt no-no.

I use my bedspread as a back-drop for a lot of my stuff and it works very well. I have a solid brown textured quilt so it isn't a busy background.

Also, natural light is best. It is tough for me to take pictures when it is still light outside though. I occasionally will hang item on the outside of my front door to get the best light. I mostly do that with ebay items though. I suppose I should do it more for swapstyle.

Posted 8 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?