AmericanSweeti
Thanked 1 time

What would ya'll do in this situation? Please help...

On another swapping site, I bought an item. Paid mostly with paypal, the rest with a money order.
Seller received MO and PP, was going to ship next day, but claims the item gets stolen out of her car before she can mail it.....

Says she's going to send MO back and refund the PP. She did try to refund the PP, but it didn't go thru (no money in the account). Says that also bank cards got stolen (which has something to do with PP??) and to file a claim with PP if the refund didn't work. So I filed a claim, it ruled in my favor, but all they could recover for me was .04...yes, four cents..lol, out of over a hundred.  I guess the way it works w/ PP is they would debit the account until my refund is complete, unless the account is empty, then she cannot use the account again until the refund is complete?
But if she doesn't put money in the account, or try to use it, then I won't ever get my money back???

Also have not received the MO back yet.. It's been almost two months that I've been dealing with this, it was over the holidays, so some delay was ok, but I am starting to worry now whether I was a little too trusting and may have gotten ripped off.

I don't think I can find out if the MO has been cashed without filing a claim and paying the money order company fifteen bucks  to research it.. almost half what it's worth.  If I can find out it's been cashed though, I would know she is being dishonest.
She hasn't returned any of my emails anymore... I was never mean or rude or anything at all, never accused her of stealing or anything like that, have just been friendly and straightforward.
Giving her the benefit of the doubt that she did get stolen from, I can be sympathetic to that, it would suck and be a pain in the neck to deal with... but I also really need my money back, and she is responsible for getting it to me, regardless of what other unfortunate situations she may be dealing with, agreed?

So what would you ladies do here to get your money back? (two hundred total) 

I guess I made a mistake in the beginning with her, agreeing to send all the money at once, should have only sent half or something until she sent the item since she hardly has any feedback. Too nice for my own good I guess sad

Posted 8 years ago
Nona
Thanked 0 time

Re: What would ya'll do in this situation? Please help...

I would continue to pursue it with paypal. Call them and ask them your questions.
Above all else I would send her an email telling her that you plan on filing mail fraud charges if she doesn't resolve the situation within 3 days or something. It will either motivate her to make it right or give you a time-frame to get the mail fraud charges ready.

Posted 8 years ago
Nona
Thanked 0 time

go to the first page of the swaplifter list and there is a link there for filing charges.

Posted 8 years ago
hippygirl
Thanked 0 time

bless your heart, cause i know you are a nice person.  if you know a lawyer or someone that is a policeperson, they could probably help.  i do know if you know a lawyer , just get them to send a letter. that will motivate people.  i got a friend of mine to write a letter for me over something & it scared them bad enough that they paid me.  it was a little different situation but it worked.
i'm with the other girls, if she is not answering you, she is probably scamming you.   if i was in HER situation i would be contacting you everyday trying to reassure you.  even if i couldn't pay you all at one time.... 
hope it works out for you & keep us updated.

Posted 8 years ago
Laccy
Thanked 0 time

Sorry, this if off the subject but what are tokens and how to you get them. Thanks  :?:

Posted 8 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?