danianiela
Thanked 0 time

"Sexual" Empowerment - Fact or Fiction?

Posted 10 years ago
snow_bunny
Thanked 0 time

Re: "Sexual" Empowerment - Fact or Fiction?

yeah I agree. women can be sluts if they want to; it's completely their decision. personally, you couldn't pay me enough. we are all given a gift in life (i think). some people can act, some people can be nude.

well I guess the point is I don't feel empowered, on the other can it doesn't feel bad to see those ads.

Posted 10 years ago
coriann
Thanked 0 time

I don't really feel empowered or demeaned by the ads. Just a little jealous! Okay, okay, a LOT jealous!  :mrgreen:

Posted 10 years ago
Nona
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
iluvmykids
Thanked 0 time

empowering women is when women do what used to be a mans job and even better or when a women balances a career a marriage and children and still womanly while doing it taking your clothes off is not empowering 2 you it is back to the days when women were only here to look good for their man we are a lot more than that now, we could very likely have a woman president next year and whether or not i agree with all of her views is important to me but it would still be VERY empowering as a woman to see another woman running our country and running it better than the man before her

Posted 10 years ago
Nona
Thanked 0 time

I would love to have a woman president as well, just not Hilary! haha

Posted 10 years ago
swhalen
Thanked 0 time

I think it has gotten way out of hand and personally am very offended by billboards, ads, etc.  I worry about the effect it has on the younger generations since they are exposed to it way more than I was at their age.  Being a mother now, I don't want my kids to be persuaded either way (guy or girl) to feel or think this is the way it is or is meant to be. 
I want my kids to feel empowered by who they are as a person and think that way about others.  Not see or think of others in the way the world seems to view them now.

Posted 9 years ago
danianiela
Thanked 0 time

Posted 9 years ago
farzana
Thanked 0 time

Demeaned.  Absolutely.

Empowerment is about personal sexual choice & freedom, not mass media sexual typecasting and objectification.

Posted 9 years ago
CoutureBarbie
Thanked 0 time

Wow. There's nothing empowering about egotistical men leering at women in a magazine...at least not to me haha. I really think women can be sexy *without* taking their clothes off in public. Sigh...

Posted 9 years ago
kelly_couture
Thanked 0 time

Posted 8 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?