iluvmykids
Thanked 0 time

OCD-obsessive compulsive disorder

i still do about hangers i have to have no empty hangers in my closet and the hangers in there have to go the same way

Posted 10 years ago
Lally
Thanked 0 time

Re: OCD-obsessive compulsive disorder

Im OCD with relation to my underwear draw. EVERYTHING has to be put in its right place or I freak out &start crying!

Posted 10 years ago
lat63384
Thanked 0 time

I have some really weird ones that I do...
If i'm making a sandwich or putting butter (jelly, pb, etc.) on something I have to spread it until I feel like it perfectly even, it doesn't actually have to be, I just have to feel like it is  :oops:
and let's see...i've got some others I just can't think of them right now...i'll ask my bf when he gets back and edit this if he can think of the others...

Posted 10 years ago
blonde911
Thanked 0 time

Yeah! Alot of mine have to do with eveness and it sounds like alot of yours are too
I wonder why that is...

Posted 10 years ago
coconutbreeze
Thanked 0 time

I'm not sure...I'm so interested in this subject though. Maybe it has to do with some chemical things to the body. I'll ask my teacher. I have some current ones too. Whenever I am drinking out of a cup or bottle that doesn't have a top on it and I leave it sit there for awhile and then drink it again, I have to wash it out first and then refill it because I have this weird feeling that dust or something has fallen into it and I don't want to drink it.

Oh yeah and this one was super weird...haha I was kind of a weird child:P But whenever I was watching a movie with a "bad person" in it, whenever the bad person came up on the screen I would make sure not to blink until that person was gone. I just couldn't blink while that person was on the screen or I was afraid that if I did something bad would happen. Haha! That sounds so crazy! I have no idea how I put up with that when I was younger.

Okay, keep them coming! :mrgreen:

Posted 10 years ago
blonde911
Thanked 0 time

Yeah, when I was younger I did it with the TV too

I would always try to look at hte center of the screen or something haha
yeah this is so weird how we all have these weird habit type things, haha this is weird im going to ask my friends about this!

Posted 10 years ago
samanthas625
Thanked 0 time

Oh my gosh. I had no idea that some of the things I don are OCD. Thats weird...
*I try not to step on the cracks in the sidewalk
*Always tell my mom "Bye I love you!" no matter where I go.
*I have to have the same amount of pillows on both sides of the bed.

Posted 10 years ago
coconutbreeze
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
XxMiCHELLExX
Thanked 0 time

I will have to check the stove to make sure its off, I will check the lights to make sure they are off, I will go around and make sure all the doors andwindows are locked all before I leave or go to sleep.  when I flush the toilet, I check back 10 times to make sure that it flushed alright, When I shut the refridgerator door, I check back 10 times to make sure it is flushed.  These are pretty wierd but if I don't do them I will go insane lol

Posted 10 years ago
ally7299
Thanked 0 time

yeah, i know someone with something related to this. i am in a resource class for two periods during the day, and there is a boy named holden. holden has a very severe case of aspergers, which is basically a mild case of autism. hes very distant, and he has to do certain things, like before he gets into his desk, he has to wipe it off of imaginary dust particles. he has to blow into his hands while he holds them like a cup every now and then. holden has to do everything a certain way, or he gets really confused; like if he were to walk the wrong way to class one day, it would ruin his whole day. i wish there was a cure for autism.. theres so many people who have it !

ok, i'll stop rambling now tongue

Posted 10 years ago
agatha
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
hopeloveefaith
Thanked 0 time

i have a mild case of ocd. where i always need to be clean.

i carry hand wipes hand sanitizer everywhere.

i can only watch tv or listen to the radio at a rounded number of volume. like 5, 10, 15, 25.

i can only leave and enter rooms at round numbers again. -5:10, 4:30, etc.

everything has to be straight. i line up mail, food, clothes. everything.

money has to be rounded also. i will literally throw money away if its not rounded/even. and thats bad bc i need to be saving.

i think everyone has a little OCD in em.

Posted 10 years ago
wild_chick1992
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
liimegreeen
Thanked 0 time

my brother has asperger's syndrome (high functioning autism) and severe OCD.  he has to check that his door is locked at least 10 times by rattling the doorknob violently.  he's much better than he was, but he used to spend 18 hours a day picking at his fingernails.  now he only spends like 6.  but his disabilities have been a huge struggle for my family since he was a little kid...he's 23 now.

Posted 10 years ago
liimegreeen
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
ally7299
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
liimegreeen
Thanked 0 time

amen sista  :mrgreen:  i actually struggle with anxiety and ADD, but i'm doin ok :]

Posted 10 years ago
libbytom_magic
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
liimegreeen
Thanked 0 time

yea i have that all the time.  that's more tourette's then OCD though.

Posted 10 years ago
libbytom_magic
Thanked 0 time

Tourettes?
I've never thot of it that way, I didn't really think it was OCD either, I just thot it was a weird thing I did
But I only do it when I think about it now, like when I was typing it, I started doing it.
And right now, ha.

Do you do the same thing, when like, you're walking and you feel ilke you HAVE to step in a certain place, like if you look at the ground you feel you have to step in that one spot.
I used to do that when I was around 10-13, I guess hormones might have had something to do with it.

And sometime I can't say a word, like, if I said 'how', several times, I wouldn't be able to make myself say "come" I would keep stuttering.
But this is only every once and a while, so its not like a speech problem

Is it all connected?

Posted 10 years ago
bunnies_luv_me
Thanked 0 time

even though i jumped into the convo waaaaaaaaaay late, i had to post...lol. I used to have it (OCD) really bad when i was younger, i still have minor symptoms but i guess i sorta grew out of it a bit. I used to have to do things over and over again like if i wanted to pick something up,i would pick it up and sit it back down about 500 times before it felt right. i would organize the same things daily and wash my hands a lot more than a normal person. stuff like that. it was like things didn't feel right in my mind. plus i had horrible thoughts that i couldn't get out of my head, like people i care about getting hurt and stuff, i couldn't help but think these bad thoughts. AND SO ON

Posted 10 years ago
Craftqueen707
Thanked 0 time

Wow, coconutbreeze the whole thing about the not stepping on cracks and stepping over them evenly with each foot, and touching something with both hands, even amounts of times...exactly me!  It started about 5 years ago, but its gotten worse...not that its horrible or anything, but for me stuff has to be arranged perfectly and evenly.  Another thing is my obsession with cleanliness, I wash my hands all the time, and I always use a paper towel to touch doors, I won't eat without clean hands. I also freak out if someone touches my food with unwashed hands, or if they eat or drink from my food/drink.

Posted 9 years ago
annastevens
Thanked 0 time

When I was in school I had issues with hand washing.  My friends made fun of me cause I'd wash between every class, sometimes during classes, before and after lunch, etc...  Talk about dry skin!  I was able to overcome that though; now I struggle with trichotillomania (hair pulling) and onychalophagia (skin picking).

Posted 9 years ago
xxmandiexx
Thanked 0 time

i have it. pm me for details.

Posted 9 years ago
beckadaswtgrl
Thanked 0 time

Once i open a topic i have to read every post or i won't be able to stop thinking about what the other people could have said.
so i read everyone's post and i can relate a lot with the counting ...
and i hate food on me. i have to wash it off right away and i can't stand when people lick their fingers.. kind of inconvenient when you works as a waitress... haha. it's been quite difficult to tell the customers that it's rude and disgusting to lick your fingers. oh. and if i get one hand wet or lotiony i HAVE to get the other one wet. evenness.

oh and it's this thing that is kind of in my family.. when we have to make a big decision or are just really stressed we scratch ourselves in our area. my mom scratched the back of her head raw.. it bled and such. and my sister scratched her stomach to rashes...
i tend to scratch my thighs but i can control it usually. for now at least.

i actually plan to go into psycology and psychiatry so this is really interesting for me :]

Posted 9 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?