CoutureBarbie
Thanked 0 time

Going out of Country, What to bring?! Help Please =]

Hi Ladies!

I'll be vistiting family soon with my BF and a friend in Germany. We'll be staying with them @ their appartment on base(My BF's brother is in the army) so we wont need to do hotel/hostels. But I am trying to think of everything I'l need to pack for 2 weeks!! It's horrible how much the US dollar is worth now days...Agh sad

We'll only need money for what we want to buy, food, housing, etc is provided. Also, I am trying to figure out what kind of cosmetics, etc are allowed on airplanes? I'm in a frazzle at the moment(yes, a frazzle haha) so any help would be nice. Also, has anyone on here ever been to Germany? I've flown quite a bit but never across seas, should be fun!

Is there anything e're not allowed to bring with us to the plane, Germany, or take home? yikes) Thank you!

Posted 9 years ago
discochick
Thanked 0 time

Re: Going out of Country, What to bring?! Help Please =]

Hi, I am new to this site and I don't just want to try selling you something, but I did want to tell you about a product for travelling. The wicker warm-up travel towel is awsome for trying to pack light. It is lightweight and compact and dries you off better than any other towel that I know of, and it has silver in it so it won't get stinky even when it is packed wet! It also reflects body heat so it works awsome as a blanket on a plane, then you don't have to use one of the airlines blankets (who knows where they have been). You can google "wicking towel" if you are interested.

Posted 9 years ago
purplemoon
Thanked 0 time

WOW! Enjoy Germany.
In my opinion just try to travel light. Necessary things to bring for cabin are:
- light blanket for someone who easily cold
- medicine like tylenol
- i've heard there's restriction for liquid things such as cologne  etc. so make sure you'll check your airline. Usually they allow us to bring them in ziploc bag.

Of course comfy shoes for traveling...dont forget to carry your passport everywhere and of course  a little money in your fanny pack ( i used the one you hang on your neck to put passport and cash ).

When you are leavin?
Good luck and feel free to reply back if there's any other qs? smile

Posted 9 years ago
CoutureBarbie
Thanked 0 time

Thanks for the helpful ideas =]
I'm leaving around springtime yikes)

Are there restrictions on cosmetics you can bring on the airplane?
Also, what about taking things out of the country you buy there, is there a limit?
For the Plane I know I was going to bring a blanket and ibruprofen.(sp)

Posted 9 years ago
Lavender
Thanked 0 time

Posted 9 years ago
Lavender
Thanked 0 time

Posted 9 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe