camiejain
Thanked 0 time

i want my hair to grow!!!

How old are you Brittany? If you are under 18 I would ask my family doctor. Actually, it might be a good idea to ask your doctor no matter your age in time that you change vitamins or medicines or weight/fitness program. I am 29, and have not been pregnant and am trying to, so I take prenatal vitamins and I have had no ill effects, not saying that they do not happen to some people. I have noticed that my fingernails are stronger, which is a good thing, however, I really haven't noticed much difference in my hair yet. Prenatal vitamins are good, however it isn't recommended that you take any other vitamins or supplements along with it unless recommended by your doctor. You can get too much of a certain vitamin. Some people take a multi-vitamin and have to be careful not to get to much of a certain vitamin such as iron, vitamin c, etc., and I am sure that the same goes with a prenatal vitamin. Anyway, I don't know if I have helped you any, but I hope so. But like I said, the best thing to do is ask your family doctor. Some pharmacists or nurses can give you info, but your family doctor is best as he knows your medical history. smile

Posted 10 years ago
danianiela
Thanked 0 time

Re: i want my hair to grow!!!

Good advice camiejain!

What I find is that hair grows when you look after it -so, if you straighten, blowdry, bleach or continually colour your hair, it will be come brittle and prone to breaking and will feel like it's not growing. If you do any of those you need to stop! Also, find out what chemicals are in your shapoo/conditioner and other products. Some chemicals like silicones coat your hair and make it look nice and shiny, but over time dry and damage your hair... I think Pantene used to have it, but not sure if they still do.

Yeah, so my advice is to treat your hair well! It will grow!

Posted 10 years ago
camiejain
Thanked 0 time

Yeah, daniela is right on the money on that one. Pantene is mostly only good when used for a short period of time to coat the strands until they are in better shape. That is just my opinion. I have heard that a shampoo with a higher ph balance is best and that some of the worst are Suave, White Rain, etc. But you still don't have to buy the most expensive as some cheaper ones work just as well. I personally like Sunsilk for the smell, lol. Heat products definitely destroy hair folicles over time as does coloring. It is also wise to keep your hair appointments and have your hair trimmed regularly to keep dead ends at bay, just to keep it looking healthy. I would rather have short, healthy hair vs. long hair with lots of spit ends. If your hair is different lengths, layering and angling does wonders for giving it style and volume as it grows out. Also, make sure you eat a healthy diet, because if your body is healthy, your hair will show it as it is an extension of your body such as fingernails. I personally also try not to dry my hair with a hairdryer much unless I am going out or to work. When I am able to stay home, I let it air dry. If you want, post us some pictures as your hair starts getting longer! We would love to see it! If you ever need any tips just holler my way! smile I hope I have helped some!

Posted 10 years ago
iluvmykids
Thanked 0 time

there is always extensions LOL just thought i would throw that in there

Posted 10 years ago
camiejain
Thanked 0 time

Definitely, extensions are a wonderful option! Actually, they are wonderful accesorry, lol, but they may be kind of expensive at some salons.

Posted 10 years ago
tiffanyd_24
Thanked 0 time

THEY ALSO HAVE SPECIAL VITAMINS JUST FOR HAIR THAT CAN BE TAKEN ANYTIME OF THE DAY. I NEVER TRIED THEM, BUT I DO KNOW PEOPLE WHO TAKE THEM AND DO LIKE THEM! TRY GNC, OR EVEN CHECK ONLINE

Posted 10 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?