memigo
Thanked 0 time

recipes

Hi girls....

I thought it would be a good idea to post some holiday cookie recipes here. I would like some new ones...I have been making the same old cookies for years now...I need to change it up! smile

I will start...

Chocolate Chip Meltaways
Makes 7-8 dozen

From the kitchen of Marge Clarks "Just about Thyme"

1 cup butter or oleo softened
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
2 eggs
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tarter
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
12oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
additional sugar

Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl. Beat until smooth. Combine flour, soda, creams of tarter, and salt. Add to butter mixture. Beat until smooth. Stir in vanilla and chocolate chips. Shape mixture into 1" balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Put 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets and bake at 395 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool. Can wrap well and freeze.

Posted 10 years ago
iluvmykids
Thanked 0 time

Re: recipes

what a great idea i will get a recipe out and post it

Posted 10 years ago
amusic20
Thanked 0 time

Re: recipes

I'm not a vegan (I'm a vegetarian) but I think it'd be fun to try making vegan cookies -- I've had some before, and they're actually very tasty!  smile

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
1 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 cup vegan granulated sweetener
1 cup applesauce
1 1/2 t Ener-G egg replacer, dissolved in 2 T water
1 1/2 T light vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 to 3/4 cup raisins (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and sweetener in a mixing bowl and stir together. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the applesauce, dissolved egg replacer, and oil. Stir together until the wet and dry ingredients are thoroughly combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and raisins, if desired. Drop the batter onto lightly oiled baking sheets in slightly rounded tablespoonfuls. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the bottoms are just lightly browned. Let stand for a minute or two, & then carefully remove with a spatula to plates to cool. Makes 3 dozen.

Posted 10 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?