kim_livelovelaughs_808
Thanked 0 time

Ideas for my next pageant

Hey everyone i joined a very big pageant last december and competed. i was a real rooky and i didn't really know what kind of dresses to wear, walk, and other things that are what the judges are looking for. soo i'm going to join another pageant, which was decided by pure pressure lol.
becuase i heard more experience helps you for future big pageants.

sooo point is, is there anyone on the site that has done pageants in the past or recent, or that knows anything about pageants. please let me know and give me your tips.

Also if anyone has some elegant dresses preferably w/ a train but not really needed w/ a train just let me know and i'll check them out. if i'm interested i'll do anything for it, like swap multiple items or even  my favorite items for it.

soo please let me know!! thanx everyone  i hope you can help!!

Posted 10 years ago
kim_livelovelaughs_808
Thanked 0 time

Re: Ideas for my next pageant

Anyone??????=((

any tips on what kinda dress ideas, hair ideas,????????????????

Posted 10 years ago
XxMiCHELLExX
Thanked 0 time

I have done tons of pagents, I just competed in Miss South Carolina, I made it to the top 5 but unfortunatly, didn't get the title.  I had to do a 3 day seminar before the pageant, so if you need any help just ask me and I would be more than happy to help you smile
Michelle

Posted 10 years ago
frenchwench
Thanked 0 time

Hello:) I always think hot rollers and some extentions, maybe in honey, or a cool caramel. It was a hard decision between turquoise and white for me. White with a big turquoise and gold necklace, and a side swept chingnon (spelling..lol) would look great in the day.
For bathing suits, i think a bright pink or yellow, or light mint green. I like this topic! It gets an outside opinion.

Posted 10 years ago
XxMiCHELLExX
Thanked 0 time

I would go with the hot rollers, but not with hair extension, when I did the seminar they said judges can tell when there is hair extensions in your hair
With a dress, I would probably go with a burnt orange look with the back cuut out of it with silver jewlery, or you could always be safe and go with white.  but you dont want a color that will flush out your skin.

Posted 10 years ago
kim_livelovelaughs_808
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
kim_livelovelaughs_808
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
ratrodgirl4life
Thanked 2 times

It's a bun, usually at the nape of the neck. It's very classy.

Posted 10 years ago
kim_livelovelaughs_808
Thanked 0 time

oooiicc! thanx!

Posted 10 years ago
XxMiCHELLExX
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
kittyheiress16
Thanked 0 time

lovvvveee gold!

Posted 10 years ago
prettie_bk_2010
Thanked 0 time

i've been competeing since i was 5 and i've never won an award or any of the miss photogenic (spelling???) or miss contenigoligty (wow i can't speel today sorry guys!) but i have learned a few things....

1) dress with train = NOT a good idea....it's a trpping hazard for other girls, plus it drags and gets all gross..we all had to walk out again and the girl accident;y stepped on the other girls train and tore a big hole in it.

2) skinny heels = AGAIN NOT a good idea...i saw a girl walk out and her heel snapped off (no they werent cheap shoes in fact they were rather expensive) and she biffed it on her face in front of over 10,000 people sad

3) strapless dress + bikini tan line = NOT GOOD..she was rly tan except where her bikini straps hit...

4) swim suit make sure u shave!!! haha this is kinda disguisting but a girl didnt properly trim herself b4 that day and u could definately see it through her bathing suit and make sure u arent "leaking" it looks rly bad on light colored suits!!!

Posted 10 years ago
XxMiCHELLExX
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
lat63384
Thanked 0 time

I was thinking about joining this miss teen one for my state too, but I wasn't sure how to go about applying and when I checked the website for it and went to the section to apply it said they would start looking or choosing girls sometime in March 07, but since March is already about half over I was kind of lost...anyone have any advice on where to go?

Posted 10 years ago
prettie_bk_2010
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
kim_livelovelaughs_808
Thanked 0 time

The miss congeliality that always wins up here is always the gurl that has the most Aloha spirit and always talks to everyone, and is friendly in a not so fake way. but i don't kno about other states. that's the thing i don't like about pageants.. there's a lot of fake gurls, and the fake ones always end up winning sad

Posted 10 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?