Lilybert
Thanked 0 time

Impulse buying

I like to think I'm quite a wise shopper. I know my style, I try to buy only items I actually need at the moment (for example, no new bags or bras for me)... but sometimes I just can't help buying on impulse, and the trouble is when I do it seems the best buy.
These days I'm decluttering without pity - a lot of stuff has gone from my closet and it feels great (more room, only selected clothes etc) but some items are still a burden and it bugs me. Why did I buy that greenish skirt which is too large and looks sad?! Why the mini-skirt if I look too girly in it? And that sweater, did I really want it in grey?
I want to have an essential closet, full of only great items, but it seems sooo hard. Do you share my pain??  :mrgreen:

Posted 9 years ago
shoppingchick
Thanked 1 time

Re: Impulse buying

YES i do lilybert i say i am not going to do that, impuse buy and guess what i go shopping and come home with some stupid thing i loved and go to wear it and i don't like the colour or it is too young or something is wrong with it ,i have been reading a book written by a stylist and she says if you see somthing you like ,leave it there and go home and come back another day cause you will find the right thing if you do that,i am trying to go by her rules but it is hard, good luck ,i think it is just part of being a woman lol

Posted 9 years ago
wild_chick1992
Thanked 0 time

Posted 9 years ago
shoppingchick
Thanked 1 time

follow your gut instinct ,it is usually right when you choose something and have to think about it too much, it usually just hangs in your wardrobe lol

Posted 9 years ago
Lilybert
Thanked 0 time

I agree... Most of my best pieces were impulse buyings. But I immediately fell in love when I first saw them, and that rarely happens! Usually I just "like" things smile

Posted 9 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?