liv4livie
Thanked 0 time

thinkin about gettin a boob job? :P

what do u think about breast implants? pro or anti surgery? do know any good alternatives? or do you know any good doctors?

Posted 9 years ago
Nona
Thanked 0 time

Re: thinkin about gettin a boob job? :P

where are you located?

Posted 9 years ago
NANDICA02
Thanked 0 time

I'm actually getting myself boob implants in a year but not in the usa because i's too expensive I'm going to brazil to get them they cost half the price there and in colombia they are even more cheaper and same great docters

Posted 9 years ago
liv4livie
Thanked 0 time

i live in California, but really i would go anywhere i need to go to get them. this is a case where you get what you pay for, i only want the best. tongue i want them to look and feel as natural as possible...

Posted 9 years ago
Nona
Thanked 0 time

Go to see lots of doctor's and ask lots of questions. Also speak with any friends you have that have had the procedure as well. The big question is saline vs silicone. Silicone implants are available again, but you are enrolled in a US government-mandated program afterward that will cost you around $1,200 every 2 years for tests and scans. Plus they are pricier than saline, but feel more realistic.

I would really recommend against leaving the country unless you are incredibly wealthy and can afford going to some of the resort type places celebrities go to. You don't want to spend your week+ recuperating in another country with sub-par hospital conditions should something go wrong.

And try out a couple sizes before you decide how many CCs you want. (Buy the bra size you want to be, and ask the doctor if you can try them out.)

Posted 9 years ago
liv4livie
Thanked 0 time

thanks, nona!!!! smile great advice!!!! ill be sure to think about all of that :mrgreen:

Posted 9 years ago
liv4livie
Thanked 0 time

Posted 9 years ago
liv4livie
Thanked 0 time

Posted 9 years ago
littlelou
Thanked 0 time

i used to be a cosmetic surgery nurse consultant and although i ahve seen some beautiful work done, i have also seen some bigs disasters! please do your research thoroughly and remember... if it seems cheaper to go abroad for surgery, its usually for a reason. the cost reflects the quality of products used including implants, anaethetic and drugs used. this is one thing you dont want to scimp on! feel free to pm me if you have any more questions. im in ireland so cant reccomend anyone in the us but i can help you develop a list of questions to ask any potential surgeon!!

Posted 9 years ago
danianiela
Thanked 0 time

Posted 9 years ago
swhalen
Thanked 0 time

Posted 9 years ago
Nona
Thanked 0 time

It is a personal decision that each person has to make for themselves. The right choice for you is not the right choice for everyone. Just take the time to make sure. And don't listen to the people who poo poo it. Choose for yourself.

Posted 9 years ago
samichamp
Thanked 0 time

thats right NONA!!

Posted 9 years ago
kelly_couture
Thanked 0 time

i want implants more than anything in the world, but my parents are anti-plastic surgery and as a college student they pay for everything, so i have no hope. ugg i wish it wasn't so expensive, but it's really a case of getting what you pay for. i've read up on places in mexico where it's only 3,000 but i just don't think i'd want to risk my health in a country that doesn't have as stringent of medical requirements as the US. does anybody know what the cost would be in canada, they have really good healthcare so perhaps it's cheaper?

Posted 9 years ago
Nona
Thanked 0 time

Wait until you can pay for it on your own. It won't be too much longer!

Posted 9 years ago
thekaraokechick
Thanked 0 time

Good luck on the boob job.  I always wanted to get it done and I think that is an exciting opportunity.  my Sister was going to get it done and she said Cuba is cheap to have this done and Brazil as well.  They have some excellent doctors and the prices are better as well. lol

Posted 9 years ago
aliciaon
Thanked 0 time

ALTERNATIVES

an excellent bra!

chicken cutlet style inserts - that can be used in any bra or bathing suit

trimming down your waist so by comparison your chest looks larger

developing your pec muscles so that your chest looks larger and perkier

wearing the right tops

HTH

Posted 9 years ago
erincoogan303
Thanked 0 time

Posted 9 years ago
sofrigginsweetx
Thanked 0 time

If you're considering alternatives, try google-ing "Natural Breast Enhancement" I have heard of people having some success with a combination and herbs and massage . Just watch out for those pills they try to sell, they don't work apparently.

-Jess

Posted 9 years ago
RawrLexi
Thanked 0 time

Posted 8 years ago
JenandTonic
Thanked 0 time

I worked in the plastic surgery field for six years, and all I can say is I would never personally get anything done. Like a previous poster, I've seen some great work done, but I've also seen terrible work as well. I think it's each individual's choice, and I just don'tthe risk is worth the reward.

Having said that, if you are set on it, please please PLEASE do your research. I think you're smart for understanding that you get what you pay for. I'd also recommend getting a psych exam.I know it sounds crazy, but so many people simply put it off as a "little thing" that will make them feel better, but studies have shown that most people who seek out plastic surgery often times have underlying issues that they need to deal with in another manner. They end up not being able to stop at just a boob job because now the insecurity has shifted somewhere else. This may not be the case for you, but a good plastic surgeon will give you the same advice.

Regardless, you are beautiful. No matter what you choose that will not change. Good luck!

Posted 8 years ago
Allotoinvoife
Thanked 0 time

Posted 4 years ago
AtopigImigo
Thanked 0 time

Posted 4 years ago
MafeBeamn
Thanked 0 time