jo4481
Thanked 0 time

Hi...who here is on a diet???

I have been dieting for about 3-4 weeks now...doing the Weight Watchers points thing...no, not the meetings and all, but I bought the deluxe set with the books and journal & stuff...so far it seems to be working, but some days are a lot harder than others.

I don't follow it perfectly...during the week I try to be good and stay within my points & I'm usually successful & then the weekend comes and me and my fiance' make plans & its def hard to count ALL the points since I LOVE to go out to eat & I love to cook too. I've also been drinking LOTS of water...not fun, but it does help.

I started at  150, I'm about 5'3 so I'm considered overweight in the "health perspective" and I weighed myself this morning & I am 141.6 so I'm pretty happy. My fiance got me a membership to his gym but I hate, wait no I LOATHE exercising LOL. I've tried the IPOD, the different machines, I just hate it & I know my results would come quicker if I went more.

I'm just worried that I won't be able to stick to it til I reach my goal. Just wanted to hear anyone elses tips, stories, support, anything.

Thanks girls!!!!

Posted 9 years ago
tiffanyd_24
Thanked 0 time

Re: Hi...who here is on a diet???

*UPDATE******
dont take akavar, doesnt work, i lost the 5 pounds which i dont think were from the pill anyway, and it causes some nasty side effects, i was terribly depressed and paranoid. i had a good experience for the first week, then nothing at all but bad things. so girls just be safe and everything in moderation, smaller meals frequently throughout the day, and switch to all sugar free drinks, that helped me a TON!! good luck to you all on your weight loss quest!

(disreguard this, read above)
im currently taking that new pill  out there called akavar, the european weight loss formula. it is supposed to block calories from entering your sytem, and it's mottois, "eat all you want and still lose weght" and i have lost 5 lbs since friday, and the last time i checked my weight was on monday, so i might have lot more! so needless to say its working for me without icky side effects! you can get it at cvs if you have one where you live, or online at their personal website, or on ebay, where i bought it and it was half the price of stores! so if you're cool with taking weight loss pills, then this one is reccommended! smile

Posted 9 years ago
Nona
Thanked 0 time

I hate to break it to you but diet and exercise are the only way to lose weight. And once you start really going to the gym, you will start to love it like I do.

Posted 9 years ago
swhalen
Thanked 0 time

I agree with Nona.  If you are not the gym going typ, there are lots of things you can do.  Dance videos disguise exercise if you like to dance.  You can also really get into walking or roller blading or gardening even. 
Try to change your thinking to lifestyle change isntead of diet.  Because it is a lifestyle if you want to be successful and stay that way.  Eat as much healthy food you can and you are not as hungry becasue the fiber fills you up.  Then, you don't have as many cravings because you aren't hungry all the time. 

I hope this helps. (I have my degree in health science and my sister is a dietician.)

Posted 9 years ago
becq79
Thanked 0 time

I eat the Weight Watchers items when I want some sweet food! They have yummy breakfast bars and ice cream that have 1 point.

I try and eat healthy though because as Nona said, exercise and eating healthy is the only way to lose weight and KEEP IT OFF!!!

Posted 9 years ago
Sandratreasa
Thanked 0 time

Posted 9 years ago
yotta
Thanked 0 time

Okay, this is from a mother of four children, and I am no spring chicken, either, I'm almost 40.  But I am thinner than I was in high school.  These are the things that work for me:
Eat simple - and I don't mean easy.  Cooking a microwave heartattack is easy, not simple.  Simply don't buy what you know you shouldn't eat.
Eat special things only at special occassions.   Once you are off sugar, fake and real,  you'll notice how much sweeter everything else tastes.
Never feed emotions - sweat them out. 
Exercise will hurt at first, if you are out of shape, expect it, learn it, know it, love it. You have to want to be healthy for you, and only you. 
Learn to control your body, and your thoughts, and they will stop controlling you. 
Go through all your things and get rid of at least half of them.  I'm not kidding - it will make you 'feel' lighter and better.  It is like sheading old layers of skin that may be holding you to bad habits.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox. <L>

Posted 9 years ago
tinyears
Thanked 0 time

I do the peanut butter and Banana on wheat
I eat it for Breakfast I have lost 52 pounds all ready
and its Hard sometimes
Just thought I would Share

Posted 9 years ago
robertjerry
Thanked 0 time

I have recently started dieting as my doctor suggested me but I am really uncomfortable the whole day.

Posted 5 years ago
steveclark
Thanked 0 time

I also follow a diet chart to maintain and control weight. But my physician says that too much dieting also reduces aour energy and also the basic immunity power, so we can adjust our diet as per our requirement...

Posted 5 years ago
affostalp
Thanked 0 time

Posted 4 years ago
zoo8timu8y0
Thanked 0 time

Posted 4 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe