swhalen
Thanked 0 time

Have u got any sweet potato recipes?

The simplest I have found.  I like them and my one year old loves them!

Peel and slice the sweet potato/yam spray a cookie sheet and bake in oven at 350 till they are as soft or crunchy as you like them.  I like them on the crunchy side like a potato chip I think it takes about 25 minutes.  Maybe more or less depending on how thick you slice them.

At thanksgiving we also make them with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, apples, cranberries.  Not as simple but not too hard, just time consuming.  If you want that recipe too, let me know.  (This one is awesome!)  wink

Posted 9 years ago
angela1989
Thanked 0 time

Re: Have u got any sweet potato recipes?

thanks girls!!!Any more...

Posted 9 years ago
littlelou
Thanked 0 time

sweet potaotes are great mashed with maldon sea salt and fresh black pepper, a big knob of unsalted butter, a grating of fresh nutmeg. yummy with a beef caserole or with some toasted sourdough bread.

For a quick side dish, peel, shred, and sauté with butter or olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar, or sprinkle of herbs or shredded cheese. (Also try tossing with pasta!)

Sweet potatoes also taste great raw: cut them into sticks for a new addition to the veggie platter, or shred them for salads.

hope that helps!

Posted 9 years ago
AmericanSweeti
Thanked 1 time

I love them cut into sticks, (like french fries) lightly tossed in olive oil and baked on a cookie sheet. SOOO good!!

Posted 9 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?