k0rt
Thanked 0 time

"Remember when a large really was a LARGE?"

A swapper said this to me when describing her sweater I was inquiring about, and I cannot agree more.

I went shopping today, and stopped in to my usual stores, EXPRESS, HCO, A&F, AE, etc. But to my dismay everything was jsut plain wrong. I tried on a hoodie at hollister, an XL, and it fit a little tight, and I know if I put it into the dryer, there was no way it would fit again. The same happened when I tried on a sweater at A&F. And again at AE.

Although, when I tried on the hoodie at AE, it fit alright as a L, except it was suffocating my breasts. When I tried on an XL for a little more breathing room, it was almost exactly the same size, except there was a HUGE amount of space just behind my armpits? Maybe it's just me, but it is quite odd to add space there. You know, not the arms, the chest, or even length, but BEHIND THE ARMPITS. I don't know anyone who is extra fat there? It's always, the chest, or arms.

It made my shopping experience quite discouraging. I don't know who these stores have as models for when they take the measurements, but I think they need to find some that are more averagely proportionate.

And A&F, HCO, and EXPRESS should sell pants and jeans over a size 11/12. Not everyone has skinny legs.

Phew sorry girls, just had to get that out. sad

Posted 10 years ago
iluvmykids
Thanked 0 time

Re: "Remember when a large really was a LARGE?"

o yeah i find these trendy stores their l is like a normal stores m and so on it is crazy american eagle does have bigger size jeans but online only old navy goes up to a size 20 in their stores

Posted 10 years ago
iluvmykids
Thanked 0 time

i know brandy i dont know what size you are but have you ever been to lane bryant it is in most malls

Posted 10 years ago
amusic20
Thanked 0 time

Yes, the world would certainly be much easier if the sizes in all stores were the same, but one can only dream...

Posted 10 years ago
kkarlene
Thanked 0 time

well see stores like american eagle and victoria secret i like, I ussually wear a medium but at victoria secret and american eagle im an xs i think that they try to cateer to a larger crowd or at least a normal sized crowd

Posted 10 years ago
k0rt
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
brandyntex
Thanked 0 time

LOL, i know all about them fat weeks. I have some that are a 38dd but i am everywhere. my husband calls them my getting what i want bras, lol!!!! I don't know if you have a fredricks of hollywood but they have big sizes as well. they have a website if you don't have a store. I have got some there before as well.

Posted 10 years ago
meggymoo1990
Thanked 0 time

I love Victoria's Secret, lol.

But last time I went, I was going to try a bra on, and the girl was like, you need to be fitted cuz I think that'll be to small.  So now I'm a 34d.

Posted 10 years ago
k0rt
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
iluvmykids
Thanked 0 time

we dont have a fredericks here but i have gotten on their site and they have cute stuff does anyone know if their bras fit well , also i saw this thing on tv the other day and it said once a yr every women should get fitted for a bra size it also said 75 percent of all women are wearing their bra to little that is crazy

Posted 10 years ago
piratebettie
Thanked 0 time

I find that higher end stores have more accurately sized clothing. Of course there are exceptions.

Also, someone said that no one has a huge waist and super skinny legs, but I'm kind of bigger with hips, but for some reason I have really skinny legs, and it's actually really hard for me to find jeans that don't look like sacks on my legs. Urban Outfitters is pretty much the only store that sells skinny jeans that fit me properly, but I hate shopping there.

Posted 10 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?