becq79
Thanked 0 time

How to spot fake Tiffany & Co. jewelery!!!

This message was in relation to me.

We were going to swap my wide cuff bracelet for some bits and pieces of hers and she told me that my bracelet was a fake.

As for being suspicious that I was swapping my valuable piece of jewellery with less valuable items - our swap was going to be completely even. I put a value of $200 on my bracelet and I picked out exactly the same amount from her items.

I bought this bracelet from someone claiming it was authentic on LJ.

Danianiela claims that it's fake because the box was rectangle when in fact it's square and it's quite large - the pouch is exactly the same as the "authentic" pouch but the card seems to scream fake.

I did A LOT of research with the bracelet itself and I compared pictures of the authentic piece with my piece and they are completely the same. In this regard, I am going to have the piece sent to Tiffany & Co and have it authenticated.

In relation to my lock necklace and bangle that I have up - these are 100000% authentic because I bought them directly from Tiffany & Co. If my wide cuff bracelet turns out to be a fake, I'm going to be very put off by buying from LJ.

I would never knowingly sell/swap a fake - that's really not cool. In fact, I had a replica LV bag that I swapped and I make it very very clear that it was a fake bag.

No one has asked about the cuff bracelet so this is why I haven't told anyone. I'm not going to tell people it's fake and then I get it back from being authenticated and it turns out to be authentic. I'm sure then people will think that I'm lying..

Also, I did email you back and I basically said all of the above. Though something is going on with my Outlook so maybe it was my side that has the problems?

Posted 10 years ago
Nona
Thanked 0 time

Re: How to spot fake Tiffany & Co. jewelery!!!

It's good to see that you are going to get it looked at by Tiffany. It's the only way to make certain unless you bought it yourself.

Posted 10 years ago
danianiela
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
iluvmykids
Thanked 0 time

thanks fo rth einfo hope you get everything figured out

Posted 10 years ago
becq79
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
Nona
Thanked 0 time

I don't think it's wrong to say you were told it is authentic! Unless you know otherwise. You are just saying what you know!

Posted 10 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?