Summer_girl
Thanked 0 time

Brighten up my room?

What's the easiest, non-permanent way to brighten up my room? I live in student housing, which means that nailing items into the walls, or painting them, would be not good at all. I'm kinda over posters at the moment, because I can't think of anything good (I used to have dragons on my walls for fun), and I kinda was a cool, chilled out theme. Any suggestions?

Posted 12 years ago
fashion_lover
Thanked 1 time

Re: Brighten up my room?

Posted 12 years ago
Summer_girl
Thanked 0 time

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I think that it would be a good idea to do that paint thing. Will look into it soon. Thanks again!

Posted 12 years ago
lckyme1234
Thanked 0 time

How about fabric?  King size sheets (flat) will cover almost any wall, come in a variety of styles and colors, and you can hang them with a minimum of staples from a nail gun.  Fairly inexpensive, depending on the sheet you buy.  Or strips of wallpaper, hung with a staple gun?  Not the whole wall, just sort of like stripes of wallpaper, then blank, then stripe of wallpaper?  Or how about hats?  Or baskets?  Hung with those temporary wall hangers that come off later, by pulling the sticky stuff out?  I'm sure you've seen them.  Good luck.

Posted 11 years ago
aKaClarke
Thanked 0 time

i got these little bullitein boards at Target for 4 or 5 bucks, and they came in packs of four.....this is a little time-consuming! you can then take scraps from fabric stores that you can buy for 75 cents, and i took them and stretched them over the boards and taped them down. They have some really great colors! (think lime green and bright pink) and the bboards come with sticky squares that you can put on the wall and they wont tear paint. i just hung them above my bed and put push pins in them holding up my initials. It was an idea i got from one of my friends that was simple.

Posted 10 years ago
jazlyn
Thanked 0 time

You could hang up bright curtains in front of your window(s) smile  Lighting is important too; maybe buy a desk lamp if you don't have one.  If you like plants (and won't be too sad if it/they happen to die...) maybe you could get something that's low-maintenance.

Posted 10 years ago
agatha
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
NotChomama
Thanked 0 time

Paint Samples

There are a few places to get free paint without telling stores "little white false truths" about what we really not going to use the paint for. 

Yahoo has groups called freecycle. these groups are pretty much nationwide or can easily be set up in your local area. The object is to keep items from filling up the landfills. Many home furnishings, decor, clothing, etc....can be asked for and given away for no charge ( we've received a chandelier and have given away shelving). Read their guidelines for details.  Then also, there is good ol' Craigs list. I was able to get rid of my shops clothing racks on craigs list.

I would love to hear how the room turned out and what was decided.

Posted 8 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?