blonde911
Thanked 0 time

Re: Model Scare

omg i could never be anorexic! i love food & im like always hungry haha!

this girl at my school is SO skinny and she just got hospitalized for anorexia... i hope shes okay but she has major problems.

she would post pictures of like different parts of her body on myspace becuase she liked the way she looked... but how can you love the way you look when youre so bony & stuff?!!! its gross.

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

bump

Posted 10 years ago
dreamcatcher
Thanked 0 time

i knew people who would do that and they would complain about how fat they were and everyone else would post comments like 'no ur perfect! i wish i looked like you'. it was just an aweful way of fishing for compliments. i cant stand attention whores.

Posted 10 years ago
sugarbear
Thanked 0 time

Anorexia and bulimia aren't topics that should be taken lightly- they are serious mental illnesses that KILL.

Posted 10 years ago
lat63384
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
Lally
Thanked 0 time

More people with eating disorders actually die of suicide than complications caused by eating problems. i find that sad =[

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
ratrodgirl4life
Thanked 2 times

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
laceymatt26
Thanked 0 time

Okay so I haven't read all of these, just the polls. Let's just put it this way.. I ate, but not much and I was a diet pillaholic. My mom is 5'7 and like 120 lbs so yea WAY skinny and she was always looking in the mirror thinking she was fat.. And here I was 5'4 and 137lbs so what was I??. My 14 and 12 yr old sisters are WAY taller than me *i'm 18* and way skinnier. So I just felt huge. Now I'm still 5'4 but  120 and I feel soooo much happier. I don't do the pills anymore. I'm still careful about my portions of food, because I don't want to get that depressed anymore. Basically what I'm saying is, I knew how to control it so I didn't get anorexic *or at least all the way* and I feel amazing now. I feel pretty and normal. Not ugly anymore.

Posted 10 years ago
sugarbear
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
blonde911
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
sugarbear
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
lat63384
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
frenchwench
Thanked 0 time

I remember when I was young and a size 6, and then after I had my baby, I had gained almost 100 lbs(size22/24!), and people treat you sooooo different! I'd much rather be slim and get treated better, which is so sad, because I was actually really happy as a size 16/18, but felt the pressure to slim down even more,and now I can't eat what I want, I have to excercise alot to maintain the body I have now. I'd rather be happy than skinny! (but I do like the way I look in a bikini now!!) Maybe when I'm older I won't think of it as much, but in my industry,(hair) you have to keep up the image.

Posted 10 years ago
ratrodgirl4life
Thanked 2 times

I just think it's sad that they have all these modeling shows on t.v now and half of the girls look dead, but they keep telling them they're fat! Crazy people. What kind of message does that send out to girls??? Also, all these magazines have articles about how curves are better, and how eating disorders are running rampant, yet they still use uber skinny models in their adds and use them as cover models as well... Talk about a contradiction.

Posted 10 years ago
sugarbear
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
ratrodgirl4life
Thanked 2 times

All models from the 50's were curvy. Women didn't really get skinny until Twiggy came along. I think that sparked the revolution. It's sad, because women were gorgeous in the 50's and then here she came and then all of the sudden women were built like 12 year old little boys. What a shame.

Hopefully people will realize that size doesn't matter as long as you're healthy. I realized that and I feel a million times better. I was a prisoner of weight for so long, and now I am finally free and it feels great.

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
XxMiCHELLExX
Thanked 0 time

I love torrid clothes and their magazines ads because they use plus size models.

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?