yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

Model Scare

wow i saw on the news last night that Gisele Bundchen couldnt go on the runway cuz she  was 14 pounds under weight! gosh.. scary!!! then 2 sisters from uruguay died of anorexia!! and one brazilian model named Anna died last year! Gosh, I think the modelin world is getting scarier and scarier sad  theres so much pressure on them to get thin nowadays :?

Posted 10 years ago
kkarlene
Thanked 0 time

Re: Model Scare

i think its horrible and some of them are so thin that it doesnt even look right with their bones all jutting out adn their skin all translucent its kinda gross

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

i knoe! i mean there is so much pressure in the industry that many ppl that arent in it are trying to be thin!

Posted 10 years ago
kkarlene
Thanked 0 time

i dotn think its right because the skinny people feel the pressure and then the fat people are all like well thats unnessesary (not calling you fat) so we are goign tohave the supper supp erksinny and then the morbidly obbese

Posted 10 years ago
Lally
Thanked 0 time

I think its really sad anout eating disorders and all

But Gisele Bundchen hardly looks starved, neither does Kate Moss. They look naturally thin. Its people like Nicole Richie who look ill because their bodyframe is more suited to curves

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

yeh ure right! and then now since all of this is going on, ppl are pointing fingers at eachother because they are naturally skinny!! ive been called anorexic many times! but its like NOOO LOL i LOVE FOOD. cuz i do!! gosh.,. the fashion industry ruins.. so .. many.. lives! and not only the industry.. but like kids these days. GOSH!!

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

the saying: You can never be too rich or too thin, is a lie!

Posted 10 years ago
ratrodgirl4life
Thanked 2 times

Did you know the average size of a runway model in 1992 was a size 6?? People wouls say that's fat now.

I agree, people either starve themselves or over eat. Fast food restaurants are horrible now! A large frie from McDonalds has over 600 calories! That is crazy!

I just think that girls look better with boobs and booty. The only people who like these super skinny women models are designers, and we all know how weird those people are.

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
ratrodgirl4life
Thanked 2 times

I agree!

Pretty is as pretty does.

I just think that everyone thinks a size 0 is great, but I was once a 0, and it hurt to be skinny. I was always in pain, and I couldn't catch my breath. It was horrible. If you can eat and eat, and stay a 0, more power to ya. But, I am happier at a size 4. I have a booty and muscular legs, and my boyfriend likes me better now, too.

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

yeh i use to be a size 0 and i actually would eat like 2 steaks in one day, and nothing would happen!! i had booty, boobs, everything normal! just a really thin waist....it was soo wierd... lol i guess after a while all the eating put me into a SIZE 2.. which im a lot happier with. i finally look healthier!

Posted 10 years ago
ratrodgirl4life
Thanked 2 times

I hurt so bad when I was a 0. I couldn;t eat, because my belly felt like it was going to explode. Finally, I started drinking protein shakes, and working out, and I built my muscles up and filled out.

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
ratrodgirl4life
Thanked 2 times

I went from a muscular 4, to a 0, and they were falling off of me. I basically lost close to 40 pounds in about a month, and I was so sick. I am 5'7" barefoot, so I looked like death. i was always muscular from playing basketball and volleyball, and dance classes.

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
ratrodgirl4life
Thanked 2 times

I do some pin up modeling. (I have some pics on my swap page) It's nice because pinups are encouraged to have curves.

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
ratrodgirl4life
Thanked 2 times

It's what they did in the 40's 50's. Pretty girls would pose for calendars and mags.

I dress in old clothes, have my hair done like it was back then, and do my makeup retro. It's fun!

Posted 10 years ago
lat63384
Thanked 0 time

Your pics are awesome and you're really pretty = )
Plus that's the type of modeling I would like to do, it would be so much fun
= )

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

i still dont understand how ppl become anorexic... like i LOVE TO EAT!! must be soo painfull.... :cry:

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

bump

Posted 10 years ago
lat63384
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

yeh me too! i think starving is like #1 most painful way too die! i totally support Madrid's rule where models on the runway must have a body mass index of a healthy weight or than they cant go on! great idea and should be taken up here! neutral

Posted 10 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?