iluvmykids
Thanked 0 time

Sleep. . .

yeah and even if oyu are asleep with that background noise of the tv oyu are not getting true sleep

Posted 10 years ago
dreamcatcher
Thanked 0 time

Re: Sleep. . .

my dr. said to turn off all lights and noise, not to eat before bed, and to not watch tv or be on the comp 2 hrs b4 i go 2 bed cuz the light keeps ur brain stimulted even after its off.

Posted 10 years ago
kim_livelovelaughs_808
Thanked 0 time

you kno wat really works. (it's true i read it in an article) some ways to help you fall asleep faster, is by eating a little snack like banannas, i fall asleep by eating banannas. they have something in them that helps you fall asleep, also warm milk. and i heard herbal tea also helps.

some things that don't help you go to sleep is reading a book before bed, i actually thought this worked for me, but it actually keeps your mind thinking, unless your just absolutely bored than you'll fall asleep lol.

So before goin to be don't be on the computer, reading a book, have the tv on, anything that will keep your mind occupied.

that's wat i read, i wish i still had the link so i could show you more stuff.

hope n e of these works

Posted 10 years ago
iluvmykids
Thanked 0 time

hope some of our ideas work for you

Posted 10 years ago
kittyheiress16
Thanked 0 time

oh yes, i almost forgot! you know how people check their things on the comp, watch some tv, then go to bed? nuh uh. the light from your computer and tv, does stimulate your brain, and makes it so that you have more energy and that you can stay up later. also, there are some waves that come out of electronics, so that makes your brain stay active twice as long as without. dont listen to music while going to bed, even if it makes you fall asleep. the truth is, even though you are asleep, your brain is not and you wear yourself out because you can hear a constant noise and your brain is focusing on that, not resting.

Posted 10 years ago
blonde911
Thanked 0 time

Ahh! Crickets?

I hate them! My brother has a lizard and he has to feed crickets to it so theyre in the cage chirping all night, and its so annoying!

But on my alarm clock I have a setting for the ocean & rain-- my favorites smile

Posted 10 years ago
sugarbear
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
yoshibabe
Thanked 0 time

OMG i have like the WORST sleeping problem EVER!!! :cry:

Posted 10 years ago
aKaClarke
Thanked 0 time

when its summer, i open my windows as wide as i can so i can hear the various night sounds.. (not counting car horns)   i also bought a cd that is of a thunder strom with wind, but one night i was almost asleep, but (i didn't know) there was a scratch in the tape and made this almost unearthly sound and i screamed and ran into my parents bed :oops:  so now i just fall asleep listening to a fan and a humidefier/dehumidifier.. im thinking about buying a "white noise" maker... hmm

Posted 10 years ago
xxmandiexx
Thanked 0 time

i can't sleep at all at night. usually i listen to earth sounds on my iPod, but it hasn't been working lately. any ideas?

Posted 10 years ago
blonde911
Thanked 0 time

whats a white noise maker? haha, i know that was movie or something..

yeah, for some reason ill try to get a lot of sleep one night, and even though I doit still doesnt help! why is thisss?

Posted 10 years ago
blonde911
Thanked 0 time

Oh really? That probably would just annoy me, because whenever I have my ceiling fan on it just annoys me

Sometimes Ill try to listen to music to get to sleep, but other times Ill end up just singing along hehe =]

Posted 10 years ago
memigo
Thanked 0 time

You can buy relaxation tapes online or at healthfood stores. I use breathing techniques or relaxation excercises and they seem to help when I am stressed and can't get my mind too shut down. I have a new baby and a daughter, I also go to school part time and work full time so I know how hard it is to wind down at the end of the day. If you can get your brain and body to relax...it helps you get to sleep and stay asleep.

smile

Posted 10 years ago
xxmandiexx
Thanked 0 time

i just bought  a new alarm clock today witht the nature sounds. can't wait to see how it works.

Posted 10 years ago
TheresaK
Thanked 0 time

That is right about Valerian Root.
I work shift work, swings, mids...you name it and I use it when I have to get rest. It wors great and it is non-addicting, and safe.

Posted 10 years ago
XxMiCHELLExX
Thanked 0 time

I just take a tylenol p.m. before I go to sleep and it helps me go to sleep and stay asleep for 8 hours

Posted 10 years ago
XxMiCHELLExX
Thanked 0 time

I take one right before I go to bed, if you take it long enough, your body gets immune to it and if you use it for a cold it wont help, it will just make you tired

Posted 10 years ago
blueindiangoddess
Thanked 0 time

Have nay of you tried Melatonin from the regular drug store its a natural substance that regulates your sleep wake cycle.. take one 30 mins b4 u sleep it works!!! Just read bottle directions.

Posted 10 years ago
blonde911
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
XxMiCHELLExX
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
majicdarling201
Thanked 0 time

it works like a charm on my son big_smile  he has ADHD, and the medicine he takes has him wired at night so we use the melatonin to help him get to sleep big_smile

Posted 10 years ago
sugarbear
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
XxMiCHELLExX
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
sugarbear
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
froofroo
Thanked 0 time

have not tried Lunesta but I have been on Trazodone for over a year now for sleep and it hasn't stopped working at all!  that's a script though...

Posted 10 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?