aKaClarke
Thanked 0 time

does any body know how to lose wieght?

i'd check with your doctor before doing anything drastic!!! "but i wouldn't buy chips or other "junk foods" anymore and replace them with healthy foods, like celery or carrots........." says the Hallmark magazine that i was recently reading....hehe.....the Hallmark magazines are really cool....(getting a little off topic)

Posted 10 years ago
dreamcatcher
Thanked 0 time

Re: does any body know how to lose wieght?

cut down/avoid soda, salty foods, and fast food. add vegies and fruit to ur meal when possible (diced bell peppers in rice for example), and DONT SKIP MEALS b/c ur body will go into starvation mode and horde fat instead of using it up. excercise is important. i do the stairmaster at my gym everyday 4 an hr if im not overloaded with homework. drinking lots of water helps ur body lose weight as well. and have realistic goals!!! "i want to look like a swimsuit model" isnt realistic. that could be an unhealthy weight for u. "i want to feel confident in a swim suit" is a goal i always advise for my frends. and stay positive! hoped that helped some.

Posted 10 years ago
MissXStephanie
Thanked 0 time

get dumped by your boyfriend of 2 yrs.

thats how i lost 30 lbs last yr.

haha.

sorry...

naw...drinkin water...even cuttin the soda out might do some tricks on ya...i try to grab a banana to tame my sweet tooth instead of the chocolate all over this house...and even snack on popcorn..instead of potato chips.

little changes go a long way....and a few little changes at hte same time..could do some drastic work on ya.

keep your head up you'll get there.

p.s.

i gained 20 of those lbs back after i got the jerk out of my life and was happy again tongue

Posted 10 years ago
sugarbear
Thanked 0 time

It is REALLY important to be balanced even when you try to lose weight. I think that the best way to lose weight is to exercise (moderately- not excessively). Exercise can be fun- jogging, aerobics, yoga, or pilates. Water is essential! big_smile

Posted 10 years ago
coloraturajocie
Thanked 0 time

here's what i did to go from 150 to 122... exercise in moderation, most ppl will tell you to do cardio a couple times a week, but lifting weights works too b/c it increases your metabolism.  I lifted weights 20 min. a day, four days a week and saw results in about 1 mo.  Dieting is hard... I don't think you should get rid of "fatty" foods completely, just make sure you cut down the portion A LOT... so like, rather than having a piece of cake have a tiny sliver... and when you eat check yourself to make sure you are actually hungry and not just bored... Good Luck!

Posted 10 years ago
ratrodgirl4life
Thanked 2 times

To keep my weight down, I eat steamed veggies with every meal. An entire bag or frozen has about 150 calories, plus you get essential vitamins and tons of fiber, which fills you up. I also eat meat, but just turkey and chicken and every once in a while, some red meat. I lift weights and do cardio 4 times a week, and it seems to be working for me.
I don't eat any sugar either, that makes a BIG difference.

Posted 10 years ago
pinkpeguin07
Thanked 0 time

wow ur guys ideas r way smarter than what i;m doing right now..thanx

Posted 10 years ago
kittyheiress16
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
kittyheiress16
Thanked 0 time

well, i am doing cardio for about 20 min a day & i dance about 20 min a day also.
what i noticed was, that i used to eat all the time, when i was bored, happy, sad, etc.
i had nothing else to do!
this website helped me, believe it or not! it gave me something to do && have a goal!
i am cleaning my room totally out, which will take awhile.
i have been saying i would do this for forever, and now i am finally doing it =]
i also do stuff around my house a lot more....
now i realize that i am hungary, something i never use to to know!!!
really should drink lots of water....but not too much, because you can get water intoxication!

Posted 10 years ago
kittyheiress16
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
kkarlene
Thanked 0 time

i used to be 150pd and i would drink pop even diet pop all the time but then i cut out pop all together and i lost 35pds in 3 months and i didnt even do much exercise just my weekly yoga class so cutting out the pop really helps

Posted 10 years ago
kittyheiress16
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
sugarbear
Thanked 0 time

Posted 10 years ago
ashleyrenae17
Thanked 0 time

what all is in cabbage soup??
and do you eat it for every meal??

Posted 10 years ago
angela1989
Thanked 0 time

just avoid snacks,cut down on meal sizes and exercise!I've just started doing 2hours at the gym plus 2 and a halfhours of dance a week

Posted 10 years ago
tinyears
Thanked 0 time

do the peanut butter and banana wheat Bread diet I have lost 52 pounds sense the new year cause you don't wanna lose it to fast or you will only gain it back plus more, I love it
you can ask me about it

Posted 9 years ago
ChristineDestler
Thanked 0 time

Well, I only eat Organic Foods and I stay away from Milk, Eggs, Yeast, Sugar, and high intakes of Salt. I went from a size 16 down to a size 6 in 10 months

Posted 9 years ago
Nona
Thanked 0 time

diet and excercise are the only effective thigs you can do to really lose weight.

Posted 9 years ago
Loveapups
Thanked 0 time

you could try drinking apple cider vinegar w/some honey. the best apple cider vinegar to get is the one called Braggs from GNC. it's organic and has some helpful digestive enzymes for your body. or you could try googling apple cider vinegar or PM me for more details about this stuff. it's really a miracle worker in many different areas of health. good luck and there were some nice tips that were given here.

Posted 9 years ago
Lavender
Thanked 0 time

Yeah i definitly need to convince myself of that when i go back home.

Exercise is fun...lol

I'm not overweight, but i gained a few pounds since i'm in Europe (They eat damn heavy). At the same time i'm not going to refuse eating what they have when they invited me and say that i will eat a salad. I love eating. I cannot starve myself that much, lol. Besides, i don't eat any junk food or chips, or other very sweet things. I eat some Dark chocolate sometimes but it's not supposed to be sooo unhealthy?

I'm 5'2 and 127 lbs. I would like to loose some weight and loose those love handles, and the little belly fat.
The problem is that i don't like exercising that much.

What kind of exercises do you do Kelly_couture?

Or if anyone else has advice for me...

:peace:

Posted 9 years ago
CoutureBarbie
Thanked 0 time

I'm a running gal myself, but power walking is a good way to stay in shape if you go 1 mile or 30 min a day, 5 days a week smile

Posted 9 years ago
kelly_couture
Thanked 0 time

i find it's a lot easier to exercise , when your motivated like with a group or partner. i love taking group aerobics classes and having a partner for weightlifting. it really makes it easier to go to the gym if you have somene to encourage you to go.

:dance:

hahaha i thought this looked like he was doing aerobics

Posted 9 years ago
Lavender
Thanked 0 time

my boyfriend likes to go jogging, and he keeps repeating me that if i want to loose weight, this is the best way to do it. so if i wanted to go jogging, i would have a partner. but i cannot understand how jogging helps that much to stay in shape? Isn't it better to go to a gym and do different exercises for example? And how long do you have to jogging everyday? Until you don't feel your legs anymore or what? loll tongue I'm really wondering if it has to be an endurance exercice or not. Is 30 minutes a day, 4-5 days a week enough for a lazy girl like me? tongue I'm also thinking of taking yoga classes. What do you think of swimming as an activity for staying in shape?
:colour:

Posted 9 years ago
CoutureBarbie
Thanked 0 time

Posted 9 years ago
Lavender
Thanked 0 time

Posted 9 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?