AngelEyez
Thanked 0 time

PLEASE HELP! is what im doing right?

Just send them back. Not leaving her a neutral or negative token is really nice of you.

Posted 8 years ago
laurenstarwalt
Thanked 0 time

Re: PLEASE HELP! is what im doing right?

angeleyez...have you received your purse yet? I hope you are happy with it smile

Posted 8 years ago
tallcool1
Thanked 0 time

Lauren, I commend you for being so diplomatic about your swap.  Swappers have very different opinions about what gently used or like new means, and it's is so frustrating to receive an item in poor condition, especially if it's not in a condition that you would even feel comfortable re-swapping, and especially when it's for a high stakes item like a coach coat!!

I've done a good amount of buying and selling at repeat or resale shops -I'm not taking about the goodwill, althought they are fun too -I'm talking about high end resale shops.  They hold very high standards to the items that they will accept.  Everything has to be clean, free of stains or holes, show little signs of wear and fairly current.  When you bring items in for sale they look over everything with a fine tooth comb checking for stains, discolorations, etc.  They will only accept items in excellent condition.  Swappers, if you have never been to a store like this, I encourage you to visit one and do some research.  Note the prices they are charging and the condition of the items, and then try to hold yourself to the same standards when posting/swapping here.  If your item is not in excellent condition, that's okay too, but you have to note that in the description of your item.  Just like these resale shops, you want to build a good reputation for yourself.  Have your vision checked and look over your items in full daylight/sunlight and note any flaws before swapping.

Posted 8 years ago
amedina625
Thanked 0 time

Wow! Been there. One of my first swaps was supposed to be a sterling silver faux tiffany bracelet and earring set.  I swapped a few new (with tags) clothes for this.  When I received it is was obviously fake.  The person I swapped with didn't seem very understanding.. It was more of a "tough luck" attitude.  Though I doubt I was intentionally duped, I think the swapper could have handled it a bit differently.  She honestly should have accepted a return or offered me something else in return.  Instead I was told that if I didn't like it I should reswap it, but the item had like a two dollar value!!! What was I going to swap for that??  In the end I just winded up taking the loss.  It's true that everyone  has a different standard of what "new", "like new", "okay", etc. means but I feel the person posting the item should inspect the items carefully before posting and point out any defect or issue.  Assuming an item is sterling silver, and stating it to be sterling silver, is just wrong.  If you are not sure about the item you should point out that you are just guessing or unsure about it.  Having sold on ebay I know how important it is to provide an accurate, detailed description of your item.  OF course, things on here are a bit more laid back, so I don;t go into full detail on every item but I am always as honest as I can be.  That is my advice for the person posting.  For the person who wants a certain item, I would suggest you ask as many questions as possible before accepting the swap, that way, when you receive the item and it's not as described you will know the person was deliberately being dishonest.  As far as leaving negative or neutral tokens, I didn't do either but maybe I should have.  I would try to get the other person to meet me halfway and if that does not work definately leave the appropriate token.  It's not being mean, it's actually being nice to other unsuspecting swappers.

Posted 8 years ago
wild_chick1992
Thanked 0 time

You're definitely doing the right thing, because if it was me in that situation, I'd leave negative feedback. That's very nice of you to do that.

Posted 8 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?