amedina625
Thanked 0 time

True value of items & replying to offers

I still think that this is primarily a swapping website and it should not be used solely to sell clothes. If enough people do that it will turn this into a mini Ebay. You're right, ebay does suck, which is why I left that site. I want a place where I can trade, there are enough places to buy stuff at. I agree that not everyone is going to like your stuff, I could care less if someone declines an offer of mine-that's life. However, when someone does not bother to even look at the stuff you have to exchange it shows that they are not interested at all in swapping.  Coming here to avoid paying ebay fees makes it suck for the rest of us. 
As far as the value of an item, I'm allowed to give my point of view, whether I've been here for a day or a year.  THe truth is, most people who come here are bargain hunters or are on a budget.  If they wanted to spend big bucks they would go to a store and pay retail.  I just don't see how an item can be as worth as much as it was when it came home from the store.  The majority of my items are also new with tags and name brand but there's no way I'm going to inflate the value of my items just to give me more bargaining power. People have to be realistic.

Posted 8 years ago
Nona
Thanked 0 time

Re: True value of items & replying to offers

I agree about the icon. If my 2 cents counts for anything.

Posted 8 years ago
cleencolla
Thanked 0 time

amendina
i think is wrong to judge you or your swap offerings based on your icon. but i have to admit it
is also funny.  I never envisioned someone stating " i dont want to swap with
you... you Christian person you!"  painfully funny.

I am a christian myself even though i dont wear it out....
good for you for letting the light shine.

Posted 8 years ago
amedina625
Thanked 0 time

Thanks CleenColla,
When I read the first reply from Kara I figured it had less to do with what I was saying and more to do with my logo!  It's kind of funny. Truth be told I've had plenty of swaps and swap offers, so there can't be that many swappers who are offended by my logo.  If people start suggesting that logos are innapropriate they're going to start saying that my swapping Christian books is innapropriate. How funny! Let me clarify that by "new" member, I mean a couple of weeks, not a couple days and I have a few swaps under my belt, though some have not left my tokens.  The original post was mainly curiosity, and throwing some thoughts in the air.  I did not know that my "pro-Jesusness" would irritate people so bad that they would automatically come at my throat. I do apologize if I offended anyone who is on here to sell, but again I'm entitled to and will continue to air my opinion. It's just who I am. There is no time limit to how long you have to be on here to give an opinion or ask a question.  I certainly did not expect everyone to agree with me, I thought it would be fun to hear other peoples point of view. What I got instead was a tirade. It's sad that people take these forums so seriously. Again, I apologize if I offended anyone by my statements but I definately don't apologize for my logo nor will I be removing it anytime soon.

Posted 8 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?