Nona
Thanked 0 time

Reaching my limit...

I have been a member here for just over 2 years and I think I am about to reach my breaking point.

It seems people don't feel the need to respond, or they respond rudely. It would also appear that they are too lazy to read the swap rules I have listed on my page.

Not only that but I now feel like virtually everyone I send a request to has some warped sense of what their stuff is worth. Or they won't swap with me because they really just want to swaplift newbies.

All I am saying, swapstyle, is I love it here but I am seriously, seriously about tired of this shit. And I don't know why but the generic responses make me outrageously angry. I think they are the worst idea in the world. If you are too lazy to type out a response on your own, maybe you don't have time to swap.

*end rant* let the flaming begin.

Posted 8 years ago
Kara
Thanked 0 time

Re: Reaching my limit...

Hello,

I am sorry that you have been experiencing some very real problems.  I have been here for a few months and I have enjoyed it very much.  I also have experienced some of what you are describing.  I guess the things that bother me the most is people not answering.  Most people are very nice here, tho.  I have had some great swaps with these people:
dshffld, AliceSun, NotChomama, heike, moritzck, chicmomof5, IsabelleS, PinkyMama, i_lina, rhiafu9, and some others.  These are my favorites.  Their items were nice, easy to deal with, very pleasant and fast shipping. 

I have also made several purchases from some very nice people and have several other trades in the process, but won't list them til finished as can't speak for them at present. 

I was in the process of swapping with barbiedumpken after she offered me a trade and counter trade, I started reading everyone's warnings that she was a swaplifter.  I decided that if she contacted me AND shipped first, I would take the trade and told her that.  She accepted and after several contacts to her from me, she refuses to answer any emails and we have not exchanged addresses, so I suspect VERY strongly that the warnings against her are TRUE!  I was hoping that it was not true or that she would turn around, but I am going to relist my items now. 

Hope you can find some of the above to trade with or others that are as nice as those.
Have a great day.
Kara

Posted 8 years ago
tjaye
Thanked 0 time

Hi, I am  a little new to the site, at least to the listing multiple things part.  I have found that when I try to write a response when declining the form has not been letting me put one in.  If I just do a decline it will not let me write anything so I have been using the other on the swappers items. Not sure how permissible that is but I hate to sound rude and on that I can leave a message.

If I have ever come across to anyone as rude I apologize, and apologize in advance if it seems that I do. Sometimes on these Forms I think it is real easy to do.

My little peeve is when a swapper makes an offer and wants you to choose from their items and they have only a few items listed or as Nona said they have a "warped sense of what their stuff is worth". Or taken the bother to check your profile to see if any of your sizes are going to be compatible.

Just my 2 cents for the day.

I was also sent a swap offer by barbiedumpkin and fortunately was smart enough to know if it is stock pictures being used and no others , use the back button.

Posted 8 years ago
christinemic9
Thanked 0 time

I agree with Nona on certain points and I've only been here on swapstyle since May. Most of the time, I price my items less than half it's retail value or I don't price it bc pricing can be subjective. Since clothes do devalue over time unless maybe it's couture designer or made of durable fabric like silk or genuine 100% leather/suede (and still in style), I expect clothes to be priced lower than retail value. If a dress,coat,purse or shoes were worn more than once (and even looks somewhat worn) and they're older than 1 yr, I say mark it 50-75% off or more of it's retail value even if it's designer brand-clothing lose their value even over time even if not worn bc styles change. I know some people are not aware of that fact-they think that something is always cheaper bc there's a defect-not always true-styles change and  so do clothing seasons and bc of that, prices are lower.

If the insoles of shoes show marks of wear or soles of a pair of shoes are worn down to the point of being uneven, don't even sell it or swap it (throw it out)-i'm sorry but i find it disgusting to see black markings on the insoles -who would want those shoes? IMO And please peope say on your listing if your clothes have been washed or dry-cleaned-i, myself haven't been consistent with saying it, but all of my clothes have been washed or drycleaned. If they're not dry cleaned, say so on your description.

I found out yesterday that since more than one person had offered to swap for a particular top of mine, that only the 1st one showed up in "My Swap Offers"; the others I received in my personal e-mail but not in "My Swap Offers". I had to PM the other 2 to ask them what they wanted and they wanted the same top as the 1st person. So, maybe that's why people are not responding to a person's swap request because it does not show up in their "Swap Offers" but it is rude to not respond no matter where the message comes from.

Posted 8 years ago
love2beach
Thanked 1 time

"OOH OOH...I have another peave....people hit me for a swap and then expect me to sort through their pages upon pages of stuff. Gosh, at least try to toss something my way, ya know?"

I guess it all depends on if it's pages & pages of items you like & in your size or if it's pages & pages of not your style & size. smile

I think we all have different pet peaves & levels of what bothers us the most.

Posted 8 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?